More time for the core task with the XBRL Auditor
The new ESEF regulation has increased the complexity of auditing annual reports many times over. Our certified AMANA XBRL auditor ensures that you solve the complex requirements without any problems and that no time is wasted comparing XHTML and iXBRL. This gives you time for your actual main task, the verification of the tagging against your IFRS knowledge.
Based on our experience from numerous XBRL projects, we have implemented the listed features in a targeted manner and support you throughout the entire validation process.
Simplify the validation and audit of ESEF and iXBRL reports with us!
The AMANA XBRL Auditor supports you holistically:
- The automation of the technical validation in accordance with the ESMA validation rules.
- Checks the integrity of the machine- and human-readable document.
- Tagging of final tables can be ticked off and commented on line by line.
- Supports documentation with checklists
- Version control with intelligent change detection and comparison between changes in two versions
- Customer communication with comments
- Four-eyes principle and review function
Our XBRL Auditor features
Check and validate ESEF and iXBRL reports
Due to the new ESEF regulation, annual reports must be disclosed digitally in XBRL format. The focus here is on machine readability, tagging and content consistency with the traditional format (PDF). These new challenges can only be met with certified XBRL software.
The XBRL Auditor has been developed on the basis of our many years of XBRL experience and as the market leader in the D-A-CH region to reliably digitally audit ESEF and iXBRL reports. The XBRL Auditor's generic approach makes it possible to load any iXBRL report. Immediately, the machine-readable data set is validated and compared to the "human-readable" XHTML.
With the new regulation applicable to reports for fiscal years ending in 2022, text blocks in the notes must also be available in machine-readable form. The IDW further published a guideline stating that tables must also be marked as tables in the XHTML source code. The XBRL Auditor supports you in determining this requirement with a special table detection.
Save time and check technical compliance based on the ESEF Reporting Manual and ESMA regulation with just one click!
AMANA XBRL Auditor Functions
- Plug & Play on-premise installer for Windows Desktop, no IT or Server required
- Report Loading
- Open ZIP report packages, including taxonomy extensions
- Open iXBRL/XHTML reports
- Open XBRL files
- Open any taxonomy
- Preload ESEF taxonomy
- Certified validators by XBRL International:
- Core (XBRL 2.1 & Dimensions 1.0)
- Inline XBRL 1.1
- Table Linkbase 1.0
- Extensible Enumerations 1.0 & 2.0
- Formula 1.0
- Unit Registry
- ESEF Reporting Manual and RTS Validations (ESMA Conformance Suite passed)
- Versioning of ESEF report version sent by clients
- XBRL comparer to show differences of tagging between two reports
- Full document XHTML comparer to visualize differences in track-changes mode (similar to MS Word)
- XBRL Data View based on extension taxonomy including Presentation, Calculation & Definition
- XBRL Table View for dimensional table (Statement of Changes in Equity)
- iXBRL Viewer to show tags in the XHTML document
- Validation results displayed on fact level
- Hidden fact viewer
- Reporting entity identity check
- Audit standard (PS410) based checklist with automatic, semi-auto and manual items
- Documentation of audit checks with comments and file attachments for each check list item
- Status-based workflow for each step, including audit trail (who/when)
- 4-eyes principle confirmation by different user
- Tick & tie each and every line item / fact
- Roll-forward of checklist items and audit results, in new report versions only changed facts have to be reviewed
- Automatic change detection and checksum calculation on files
- Excel export for XBRL Data View and Table view, including Presentation, Calculation and Definition linkbase
- Excel report with table views for dimensional tables
- Full audit checklist export including comments, timestamps, etc.
- Validation result report Excel export mode (similar to MS Word)
- Calculation & Definition each check list item only changed facts have to be reviewed again
- Calculation and Definition linkbase
How to get ready for auditing the upcoming ESEF season
The ESEF regulation mandates listed companies to publish their annual financial reports in iXBRL digital format. In many EU countries, the ESEF reports also have to be audited or reviewed. The main challenge of auditing iXBRL reports is the technical validation, checking of tags selected by the report creator and the comparison of the traditional format (PDF) with the new iXBRL format. Auditing iXBRL reports requires new knowledge for auditors and can only be done with a proper certified XBRL software.
In the webinar we explain how the XBRL Auditor can be used to face this challenge, and which new features have been implemented in the latest version to make the auditing process a lot easier.
The AMANA XBRL Auditor was developed on the basis of our many years of experience from hundreds of XBRL projects with a clear focus on the review and audit of iXBRL reports according to the ESEF regulation. Moreover, our software is already successfully used by numerous audit firms including Big Four firms. In our webinar, we will show you the features and benefits of the XBRL Auditor when auditing ESEF reports, as well as our experiences from the first years of ESEF.
Referent: Paul Beckmann, Holger Hinzberg